Monday, July 25, 2011

Trois-Rivieres July 25 2011

Marina Trois-Rivieres
We're spending a 2nd day  at this great marina. Must tell you it's beside a pulp and paper mill with sulphur smell that remind me of my young years in Shawinigan where the smell was something you got used to very quickly. So many memories of this area!

Went for a bicycle ride today. Bicycles supplied free of charge by the marina. The marina is on Ile St-Quentin which is a beautiful park in Three Rivers. We rode all over town as they have many bike trails. Had lunch in a great resto (as they call them in Quebec), picked up a few groceries and rode back. Stormy weather seemed to pass us by. May get some rain overnight. Tomorrow we're heading for the Richelieu river on our way to Lake Champlain. Don't know when we'll have wi-fi again so I'll update whenever I can. Plan to be in Lake Ontario by mid-August.

1 comment:

  1. Hi again?
    Not sure I sent the email comment....here goes again! What an adventure you are having and wonderful connections with friends etc. I though am keeping an eye on Dad as we are literally across the Bay. I also know that means turn around...fair (?) play?
    Travel well, travel safely
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete